Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A few frakin’ things

Boston Runners
It’s a cool cloudy overcast day here in Boston; I just got in from a nice tempo run around the Charles River. Felt good and finished strong, tonight I’ll go for a mellow recovery run! I just have one question what the frak is up with the attitudes of runners in Boston?? Almost and I say almost because there are a few happy runners out there but for the most part everyone seems to have a frakin’ chip on there shoulder?? I don’t understand the attitude, it’s like they’re mad I’m running in the same place as them, we need more happy-go lucky trail runners out there!! Here’s my side: It was a quiet day on the Charles a few people were running the same loop as myself so as we passed for the second time I said “hello” nothing not even a nod or wave just this crazy look or they pretend to not hear me and I’ve blogged previously on this same subject matter!! I don’t consider myself intimidating so please drop the attitude we’re all having fun out there no matter if we’re walking, running, biking, rollerblading, drinking, sleeping whatever it is your doing if you’re not enjoying yourself then why do it at all??

Props
With all the Dean Karnazes publicity I thought I would take this time to give props to Christian McEvoy who is currently running across the United States from the Pacific to the Atlantic - approximately 3,500 miles - one step at a time to raise awareness and money for cancer survivors. Please check out his website http://coasttocoastrun.org/ he also has a wonderful blog it’s very real and personal yesterday he ran 40 miles through Kansas!! I’m in awe of this undertaking just amazing! I’m going to support him by registering for the final leg Coast to Coast Marathon in Rhode Island on December 16th...What a honor it will be to run along with Christian and celebrate his accomplishment, you can also support him as he comes through your towns!!

I guess now would be a good time to ask if anyone has any advice for my 1st 50???

I greatly appreciate it…thank you and have a very frakin’ good day!!

P.S can you tell I’m a huge Battlestar Galactica fan!!