Tuesday, December 12, 2006

On The Road

Tuesday’s Triple Crown

For the past three weekends I haven’t run, the heart of the matter is I’ve been working Saturdays and on Sundays I try to dedicate the day to spending time with family and doing some neglected household chores, plus we’ve been decorating the house for Christmas; it sure is a busy time of year and the weekends just aren’t long enough! Well as my family knows I get very edgy when I haven’t run so today I took all that steam and got out of bed a 5:45 A.M. and ran for 45 minutes, then at 11:00 A.M. I went for another 45 minute run and now I'm about to hit the road for one more easy 35 minute run! Then it’s a short and quick taper until Saturday’s marathon and finally I’m looking forward to a long winters rest...lol = ) okay maybe just a few days off!

The Coast to Coast Marathon a run for survivorship

It began as one mans journey to raise funds and awareness for Cancer by pushing the limits of the human body one day at a time Christian McEvoy has carried the human spirit of running across the entire American continent and touched many people’s lives along the road. I look forward to catching-up with Christian on Saturday; it will be a real privilege to accompany him as he runs the last 26.2 miles of this journey. This event is close to my heart because my year started out on a similar path and involved pushing the limits by participating in the
Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge and I’m very proud to say I raised more the $5,000 for Dana-Farber Cancer Research. It was a wonderful experience and honor to run for Dana-Farber. When life gets hard and things are looking dark I often think about what those fighting and those that have survived cancer have been through, then I pick my head up and push onward, they are the true inspiration and reason to live everyday to the fullest because you never know what’s around the bend. Everyone is affected by cancer at some point in there life whether it’s through a family member or friend, your support is needed!

LIVESTRONG