Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Top Three

Freedom to roam or not
I haven't been running all that much lately- sort of in a funk, lack of motivation, tired, so I've been dragging myself out the door only to return to the same trails, same roads, same routine wondering if I am nuts to spend my only free time running, when I could be -
out on the stream fly fishing for rainbows or casting to a school of stripers
in Hammond Pond bouldering
paddling in my old town canoe
relaxing
Well I know I'll never give up running for one out of any other sport or hobby it offers the most flexibility because I can run anywhere, anytime, and anyplace.

Basement Bouldeirng Cave


So with no running over the weekend I applied some "running time" to my basement bouldeirng cave project. Picked up some Metolius Rock Rings and a bag of 40 Metolius Greatest Chips climbing holds from the local EMS then had the kids give the bouldering cave some color by painting the wall which turned out to be a fun and creative project for them. There's still a few more things to do before it's complete, I need a few larger easy jug holds for the overhangs and then sand and paint the woodie rails/rungs with Shark Grip. I've already started doing the Rock Ring 10-Minute Sequence which is a fun yet challenging upper body workout plus I can get the laundry done at the same time.

DRB50K LOOMS
Trail Animals Don't-Run-Boston 50K is this coming Sunday at the moment I'm not feeling up for the challenge of another 7 hour mountain run hopefully Sunday I'll be in better spirits. The link below is last years Race Report and a scan of my first UltraRunning Magazine RR.

DRB50K 2008

4/6/2009 Course Preview from Breakheart Trail Running and Trail Pixie

"Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.”

Harvey MacKay