Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Festivities

I enjoyed a low-key weekend. On Saturday I paddled in my 1st Stand-up Paddleboard Race and Sunday cheered on my brother at his 1st tri event.

Slocum River Regatta - "I'd like to SUP with my baby tonight"

Southcoast Today - 100 racers brave the chop in Slocum River Regatta

The regatta traverses a two-mile closed-loop buoyed course on the tidal waters of the Slocum River one of my favorite New England estuaries. Lot's of rowers came out including my dad's crew of whale boats from Whaling City Rowing. The wind and tide teamed up to be the biggest competition for this years rowers. Standing Up the wind was my nemesis and with the outgoing tide moving in the same direction both required a considerable amount of effort, stamina and balance. I knew if I could make the 1 mile turn I was in good shape to finish. Everyone had a great time on the water. I was happy to accept an award for winning my division and setting a new course record even though I was the only competition but shhh my kids don't need to know that part.


















Buzzards Bay Tri

The kids and I had another great day on Sunday cheering on my brother at Buzzards Bay Tri. Craig had wonderful race in the Newbie Division and finished in 1:35:11.

El Capitan


"Look at that face -
Just look at it,
Look at that fabulous face of yours.
I knew first look I took at it,
This was the face that the world adores."

"To say that there's no one like you
Would not even state the case.
No wonder I shook
When I first took a look
At that face."

Training to climb El Capitan when I get there if I get there I'll let you know

HI-HO