Thursday, December 10, 2009

Zen Tales


With the lull of a good adventure story I'll be scribing my blog pages with some old Zen stories that have withstood the test of time. This way you won't have to climb to the old man who lives on top of that high and dangerous precipice to listen to these tales be told. Although I enjoy a good challenge and the fun of searching for the wise old man - I have many question but when I finally reach these high places I'm humbled by the surrounding mountains, forest and rivers below I forget.


Cliffhanger
One day while walking through the wilderness a man stumbled upon a vicious tiger. He ran but soon came to the edge of a high cliff. Desperate to save himself, he climbed down a vine and dangled over the fatal precipice. As he hung there, two mice appeared from a hole in the cliff and began gnawing on the vine. Suddenly, he noticed on the vine a plump wild strawberry. He plucked it and popped it in his mouth. It was incredibly delicious!