Monday, September 18, 2006

Pisgah 50k + 1


Quick Update:

I finished!!

As usual the morning started off a little crazy, I guess this is part of my routine now =) I decided to take back roads hopeful this would save some time and this would have been the case if I hadn’t gotten lost. At one point I had no idea where I was, I started having doubts I was going to be at the start of this race. Thanks to my speedy driving I just made it. I literally had to jump out of my car and start the race. I cleared my first hurdle and now I was tossed into the mix of my first 50k. My second setback came at mile 12, when I missed a turn and ran a mile off course, my heart dropped to the ground when I realized what I had just done, so there I stood a mental mess and heartless. Determined to finish I grabbed my heart off the ground stuffed it back-in and moved on. From then on I paid very close attention to every trail marking! It was a beautiful day high 70’s, the course and people were wonderful!I finished the day in 6:20. I was aiming for 6 but who cares I’m just so happy I finished my first 50k =) What a spectacular day! I’ll post a more detailed race recap in the next few days!

Take care and keep on running!