Thursday, August 21, 2008

Aquí, ¡todo pura vida!

Everything's cool!

Slipped back into my Vibram FiveFingers today and I have to say once again there isn’t a single running shoe that can compare. I’m overcome with a feeling of freedom every time I strap these on my feet, it’s as close to barefoot running as I get and running in the Vibrams over the summer has certainly benefited my running it’s helped correct my body mechanics, foot motion and stride. I may even run my first race in them on August 28th at the X-Treme Scramble in Hartford, CT.

Moving on too Upcoming Adventures

I have Pisgah 50K coming up in September a wonderful trail race I ran back on ’06 in a New Hampshire State Park then
I’m venturing over to Las Vegas in October and running the World of Hurt a 34 mile run in Bootleg Canyon, Boulder City Nevada, then it’s off to the BIG APPLE in November for the NYCM parade, which will be a fun way to tour the city on foot. Not sure what to do for December but next year I’m thinking an early Rocky Raccoon 100 or Keys 100 or maybe get my mountain legs back in shape for Bighorn 100. Lot’s of fun adventures floating around in this noggin of mine.

Last a little motivation to get out that door and run courtesy of You Tube -

Going the Distance