Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hyannis Marathon Weekend


For many New Englanders traveling to Cape Cod in February does not cross the mind but the classic Hyannis Marathon present's the perfect reason for a weekend beach escape. Surprisingly I could not have planned a better weekend away, no summer traffic, no crowds and being school vacation the hotel had activities for the kids, pool, clowns, magic shows and a DJ dance party at night helped kept them occupied and an early Hyannis Marathon offered me some incentive to train through these past cold winter months. Had some delicious eats at Seafood Sam's and a nice dinner on Saturday at Clancy's Restaurant . Enjoyed the small running expo on Saturday which I found Bondi Band a cool local company from Maine that makes headwear, great product I wore this for the entire race very comfortable I highly recommend checking their website out. I was told about 4,000 hyper, antsy, fidgety and cold marathon/half marathon, relay, and 10K runners lined the start of the race. It was an overcast day with lot's of white caps rolling off the Hyannis beaches but the rain held out until later in the afternoon luckily for me I finished before the downpour clocking a 3:33 chip time results. The Hyannis Marathon is a spectacular event one I'll be sure to add to the annual race calendar. I think everyone is still recovering from this weekends escape.


Travel Photos

I finally found some time to go through my old travel/adventure photos and scan into flickr. It’s really nice to see them all in one organized place.

Some past adventures on camera