Friday, April 24, 2009

WEEKLY UPDATE

DNF DRB50K
Ran into a little glitch at DRB50K last weekend, the good news is I went out slow this year and felt strong on the back half of the course but my stubbornness to go fast on the rocky hilly Skyline Trail I overcompensated for bad footing and twisted my knee up fairly good. Coupled with the lack of motivation and feeling guilty about missing my little ones soccer game I bailed out at 25K. Went home iced the knee and made the kids soccer game, which they won 3-2.

AUGUST TRIP Headlands Hundred




My name is up on the wall for the 2009 Headlands Hundred in August. I know it is going to be an EPIC cross country run through the Marin Headlands. The 100 mile follows a route similar to the famous Miwok 100k course and then two 25 mile loops. I'm hoping for a crystal clear night so I can enjoy the views of San Fran. Here are a few inspirational photos taken along the trail. Before the race I plan to spend a few relaxing days in Yosemite National Park, rock climbing, fly fishing and catching the sunset/sunrise from Taft Point and Sentinel Dome



NO SHOES TODAY
Happy running 4 miles in my Vibram Fivefingers - I feel the earth move under my feet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diVwUomCcRY