Monday, August 17, 2009

Yo ho

Backyard Adventure
Buck Hill –Blue Hills Reservation – Quincy, MA

Friday evening the family set out for Buck Hill. The rocky summit of Buck Hill offers a stellar 360 degree view of the Boston area and is a short invigorating climb.

The kids had so much fun hiking and running the trail it was wonderful to hear the excitement in their squeaky little voices. Downloaded some pictures to Flickr


Slow lane

So here I am fresh off a trip to California searching for the next BIG adventure that fits within the boundaries of my hectic lifestyle. Now I’m pulling into the slow lane as the summer slowly slips away – stopping to smell the flowers, spending lot’s of time with family, wine/food, some paddleboarding/surfing, a little saltwater fly fishing, and maybe another Ultra with miles and miles of beautiful trails.

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
"