Tuesday, June 20, 2006

50 Kilometers or 50 Miles


"For no particular reason I just kept on goin'. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured since I'd gone this far, might as well turn around and keep on goin'. When I got to another ocean, I figured since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back around, and keep right on goin'".
--Forrest Gump

I started thinking about running the Vermont 50 in September; this event takes place in Brownsville, Vermont, it’s a 50 mile mtn. bike & run or 50k run all rolled into one event through Vermont’s hilly countryside. I’m leaning towards the 50k run, the training schedule would be a lot easier, less pressure….plus I know I can train and run 26 miles…..it’s also a great stepping stone on my path to running a 50 mile ultra..hmm…I also feel like taking the plunge all or nothing.... if I’m training for a 50k and I feel good on race day what’s another 19 miles…..like Forrest Gump say’s I may as well just keep on goin'!! So back to square 1....I'm slpit 50/50 anyone out there have any advice for a Noobie???

Take care,
Ryan