Thursday, June 08, 2006

Through Wind & Rain

Well it looks like it will be raining for a few days so I may as well play in it! Yesterday I got out of the office and ran my favorite patch of dirt just minutes from downtown Boston, the path traverses the Charles River starting near an area known as the Esplanade and goes along the shore to the B.U. Bridge…..out and back its about 6 miles overall a nice trail run and great escape from the city. Soaked to the bone and mud everywhere, I looked like a bushwhacker from the backcountry…I certainly got a few strange looks as I ran through downtown crossing! It may not look like fun but running in the rain is invigorating! It was a good workout my heart rate sky rocketed as I ran head on into incoming gust of wind, plus I got to break-in my new 808 New Balance trail runners that I recently purchased from the New Balance factory outlet….great trail shoe, flexible and nimble. Today is still overcast with a few scattered showers.....looking forward to another fun run in the rain and mud.......Anyway it’s time for a hot cup of coffee…….

Happy Trails



In the words of the great Emil Zatopek,When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem."