Saturday, November 18, 2006

Lemonhead

UPDATE:

It’s about 4:00 p.m. EST on Saturday and I’m still maintaining this lemonade diet at 7:30 p.m. tonight it will be two full days without any solid foods. Surprisingly it hasn’t been all that bad; I woke up at 5 a.m. this morning feeling very at peace, my body calm and still, for a moment I pondered trying to meditate but then jumped back in bed. I haven’t felt weak, tired or moody; sure I’ve had my share of food cravings mainly potato chips, buffalo wings and chicken parm, but no hunger pains or cramping. I must say the drink is very drinkable I actually enjoy the mix of lemons, maple syrup and spice of the cayenne pepper, very tasty and satisfying. In the future I’m considering occasionally replacing my lunch with this tasty drink. Tomorrow I really want to go for a nice long trail run and this diet just isn’t enough to give me the endurance I need, so tonight at 7:30 p.m. I’ll be ordering my favorite plate of chicken parm from a local Italian restaurant and enjoying every mouthful. I’m grateful for the experience over the past two days but I firmly believe in taking food in moderation not this fasting business, maybe the first two days are the hardest and I’m just about over the hump but from this experience I see no real benefit of doing this more than a few day’s. I don’t know how anyone does this for 10 day’s or longer...I think I’ll stick to running and eating healthy! Once a year is okay and I would try this agian next year around the same time. I like Michelle’s comment about sweating it all out and that’s just what I plan to do tomorrow! So I guess this is my first DNF of the year but a great experience to say the least.

One more thing,

I'm really looking forward to the feast on Thursday! Enjoying food and spirits with family is what it's all about = )

Food is a blessing and I give thanks to the food for which I'm about to eat!

Amen